Idealism(!?) - was Re: Gorp! The Musical

From: Simon Hibbs <Simon.Hibbs_at_marconi.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 14:33:43 +0100

Simon Phipp:

>The beauty of the Platonic Ideal Forms is that they can be made
>to represent absolutely anything, given the right definitions. So,
>I can see no reason why there cannot be Ideal Vampires, Ideal
>Gorps, Ideal Broos, Ideal Scoprionmen or Ideal Forms of any Chaos
>creature.

How about 'the Ideal Imperfection'. The ultimate, eternaly perfect Flaw of which all other flaws are merely a mundane shadow.

Chaos is the antithesis of consistency, the annihilation of Form that is less than nothing. If the concept of the ideal form has an opposite, then that is chaos.

Simon Hibbs

End of Glorantha Digest