Re: Maran's fertility

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:31:23 +0100 (BST)

>Really? My impression was that Maran Gor was even
>harsher and more infertile than Babeester Gor.
Be cautious here. Greg revised this to state that more demonic earth goddess aspects went to Babeester not Maran.

My understanding is that Maran is the active earth, Ernalda the passive. Maran is earthquakes, landslides, the savage mother defending her brood; Ernalda is nurturing, healing, the mother who plans for the future - looking to her children.

Maran has a number of aspects, which we cover in In Wintertop's Shadow.

> She turned her back on her fertility, traded it
> away for death abilites and never took a mate.
No Maran has children, many are immense dinosaur-like creatures that shake the earth as Maran did. Some of her aspects have magic to exchange blood for fertility.

>Babeester Gor, however, was born to kill yet has
>taken mates and is no virgin goddess. Now, virginity
>does not necessarily equate to infertility, but
>Maran Gor seems drier and less fertile than
>Babeester Gor.

This I believe has been swapped. Babeester is now the barren defender of the earth.

Ian Cooper

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html