Lunar matters

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:38:16 +1200

Joerg:

> >All that the
> >Crater description says is that as the Goddess rose, the earth reached
> >vainly for her child.

>To what other purpose, then?

Statements to the effect that she seeks to pull down the Red Moon imply some hostility towards the Red Moon while the source doesn't give any such indication.

> >>I think we can safely assume that where the Crater is now there were
> >>farmsteads and villages before 1247.

> >Except that the Crater isn't in Naveria but Vonlath.

>Vonlath is a Dara Happan administrative district.

No, it's not. It's an intrinsic part of Dara Happan culture and mythology. As such, the Crater lies within it and not Naveria.

> >And as for
> >assuming that it was farmsteads etc, I think the damage was
> >already done with the eruption of the Ervuthan Lava Beds
> >that devoured Emperor Dagguneri.

>So the moonrise was ecologically sound?
>
>The Lava Beds are no more? What's the source for that factoid?

See them on the Lunar Map anywhere?

--Peter Metcalfe

---