Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 10 #167 - 8 msgs

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:50:13 +0300 (EEST)

> From: "Joerg Baumgartner" <joe_at_toppoint.de>
<snip>
> My reasoning is that the Silver Shadow is the original border of the
> "under the full/half moon" effect, and that Yara Aranis took it from there
> across the empire, bulging it out around her temples.

This is one aspect of what I was going for earlier. If one takes the rotating shadow moon model as presented, then under the moon (in Glamour) the moon will appear half-full. A good explanation for the Silver Shadow, and an inspiration for the web of the Reaching Moon.

Of course this doesn't necessarily need the searchlight model, even a moon vaxing and vaning equally everywhere could create a zone of more stable power near the center. I quite like the idea that the silver shadow predates, and is the inspiration for, the glowline.

        -Adept