The Spotted, brown stripe Praxian Hyena

From: (wrong string) änen <"Tero>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 10:55:07 +0300

Strange. I send the email only once and still there was another email (posted by me) yesterday...
Okay.

Topi wrote:
>It's just my imagination, but wouldn't it be fitting if the parts of Hyena
>habits corresponded with >the Genert parts the hyenas have eaten.

That would make sense, at least in my opinion. If Praxian hyena 'is' some sort of combination about all things that the three have and do, it`s even more inconceivable. :-)

>May not have "eaten enough" and therefore is such a raven-ous yapper.

Spotted Hyena are the most aggressive of them. I read some biologians have estimated, that their cub are almost bathing in hormones. Especially the female ones, that even adult males beware about.

Trotsky:
>My understanding is that the Praxian hyena most closely resembles the
>Spotted Hyena, rather than >the brown or striped varieties - it is, after
>all, /Crocuta theovorax/ not /Hyaena theovorax/. Having >said that, it
>clearly isn't yer actual genuine terrestrial-type Spotted Hyena, so you're
>certainly >welcome to fit in any changes you like. Besides which, YGWV.

I checked the latin names from an (actually) old book called "the living world of animals". Thanks about the correction. Btw, I think some pictures about Hyena in old TotRM show them as the spotted one`s too. Not a surprise – they the most famous of them.

-Tero Pitkänen

End of Glorantha Digest