Re: Trademarks

From: Henk Langeveld <hlangeveld_at_mailworks.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:47:01 +0200

Dread Domain wrote:
> Anyway, I am glad Issaries got the RQ license if for no other reason
> than to own it (:-))

Just my [informed] opinion on this (I'm not a trademark expert/lawyer): Issaries does not have, nor need a license. They have claimed the trademark, as no one else was *using* it. Which implies that in order to keep the trademark, you obviously need to maintain the registration, but you *also* need to use it in the context as specified in the trademark registration. You cannot just *own* a trademark, or it will become void.

As Chaosium has just released the BRP-plus rules for use with the Reaching Moon republications of Pavis, Griffin Mountain, etc. they could actually use a license from Issaries as a "RuneQuest" stamp of approval for that line. It would improve recognition with the old guard.

Cheers,
Henk

End of Glorantha Digest