Re: Re: Disasters of mythic proportion

From: George W. Harris <gharris_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:40:15 -0400

At 07:09 AM 8/25/2004, you wrote:
>David Dunham:
>
> > In 1315, "Only occasionally did a watery sun=20
> > break through the clouds, before the rain started=20
> > again. 'Throughout nearly all of May, July, and=20
> > August, the rains did not cease,' complained one=20
> > writer.
>
>Never mind 1315, this sounds like the English summer at the moment.

         In the North Atlantic this year there have been eight tropical storms in August, with five of them reaching hurricane status. Four have made landfall in North America (all passing through my home state of North Carolina), with Frances (currently a Category 3 hurricane) on the way.

         The hurricane season doesn't really hit full speed until September. Who is the Gloranthan god of storms at sea? Someone has really pissed him off.

--
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris                                gharris_at_mindspring.com

End of Glorantha Digest