Re: Slippery Subject

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:27:01 +0200 (CEST)

Trotsky

> Joerg:

>>How do Gloranthan eels travel? Do they breed in the Sea of Worms?

> My feeling is no. The Sea of Worms is full of weird prehistoric
> creatures and strange invertebrates. While eels are certainly worm
> *shaped*, they don't fit the bill in any other respect, IMO. I'd figure
> that the East Isles or off the north-east coast of Pameltela would be
> more the place.

I was looking for a Sargasso-like place, but you're right in several aspects:

Historically, the eels would have followed the Sshorg river into the lands, and would have swum down it into the hot waters of Togaro.

We want a warm water body for them to breed. East of Pamaltela sounds good.

However, we know as a fact that not all eels can or will go there. The most famous Gloranthan eel is the Black Eel of the Sairdite (mostly) river bearing its name. As a tributary of the Oslir, it would have followed the change of direction, and go north towards the Kenyrian or White Sea?

As an alternative, I offer a trip to the Elf Sea, either by rivers (down the Oslir, up the Arcos), or overland from Balazaring tributaries. Since only the ancient, fully mature eels would have to travel overland, there might be an eel hunting season in Balazar.