re: Colour Terms

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:51:33 -0400

John Hughes:
 =

<snip>
> Of interest for more general rp design and your own worlds and cultures=
, =

> colour terms do not appear to enter languages in an arbitrary fashion.

Great stuff!

<snip>

> When a language has three basic colour terms, they are black, white and=

red.

I wonder what happens in Darktongue? IIRC most trolls can only perceive these three colours, but they can quest to be able to see more, while trollkin have better colour vision. Maybe trollkin have their own cant terms for the extra colours?

IMG there's a trollkin resistance movement which takes advantage of this.=  =

Their badge is a green scarf, so they can recognise each other with littl= e
risk of being spotted by their masters.

Andrew