Re: re: Colour Terms

From: Stephen Tempest <gd_at_stempest.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:08:52 +0100

Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com> writes:

>I wonder what happens in Darktongue? IIRC most trolls can only perceive
>these three colours, but they can quest to be able to see more, while
>trollkin have better colour vision. Maybe trollkin have their own cant
>terms for the extra colours?

As I understand it (and somebody like Terra can correct me if I'm wrong) Japanese is one of the lanuguages without separate terms for blue and green; but they get around it by using "grass-coloured" when they need to specifically mean 'green'. I'm sure Uz could come up with a similar workaround.

Stephen

End of Glorantha Digest