Re: Lunar outposts in Sartar

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:32:33 GMT

In message <9A68F894C3E2854288ED6C3317399D6A0D05F9_at_server1.lawcentreni.org> "michael beggs" writes:

>Apologies if this has already been covered recently, but could anyone
>point me in the direction of some info on Lunar fortifications in
>occupied Sartar.
>I'm having difficulty imagining exactly the sort of place Lunar troops
>are operating out of (size, structure, defences etc).

Depends what sort of thing you want. I've seen a list of where various Lunar units are in Sartar. While a few places have complete regiments most places have a few companies and I suspect there are odd squads in some of the more remote places.

Fortifications are going to vary depending on what's already there and the particular troops involved. Tarshite's are going to construct different forts than Dara Happens. As a default I'd probably go with something in the style of a Roman marching fort - a wooden pallisade on an earth mound surrounded by a ditch. In more important places the pallisade would have been replaced by stone walls.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/