alternate sorceries

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 21:05:30 +0800

>[A clarification here. I'm going to run the game takin inspiration from
>Ars Magica. Sorcery/Wizardry are going to be much more flexible approaches
>to magic than in the HQ version.

        Back in the dim dark past of RQ4 days, I once did a draft set of Sorcery rules that took RQ3/4 sorcery and made it into a Verb/Noun system. It seemed to retain Gloranthan flavour fairly well, most runes were clearly one or the other etc. Like so much of the various RQ rules ideas being done then, it never really saw the light of day. Of course this was before we had heard of these new fangled essence planes etc.

        I still think there is some potentially interesting inspiration for the essence planes in kabbalist otherworld ideas, too, which (in the adoption of the jewish mystic ideas by western esoteric tradition types) nicely is fairly easily adaptable to both divine monotheists and classic western magician points of view.

	Regards
		David