RE: (G) Ikadz

Write haof XML files: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Fecha: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:39:36 +0000

> ¿A ver quien me dice donde encontrar alguna descripcion oficial o
>no en igles o castellano del culto de Ikadz............?

La más conocida es la de Loren Miller (pensada para el culto en Carmania). Desgraciadamente, su página no está disponible y no encuentro que nadie haya mantenido esta descripción, así que hemos de rastrearla en su proceso de elaboración en Glorantha Digest. Ahí va:

MITOS E HISTORIA Ver la siguiente historia.

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd4/1997.02/1563.html#1609qlink1

Además lo siguiente:

Ikadz promises worshippers that if they serve the cult faithfully  their souls will be shrived of their sins, purifying them for an  afterlife spent shriving others whose purification is much more  difficult. Ikadz worshippers do not have any particular burial  practices, conforming to the practices of their neighbors. Ikadz is associated primarily with the Rune of Disorder, for his main  function is the destruction of the body. He is a guardian of the land of death, so he is also associated with Death. And his purpose is to uncover secrets beneath bloody layers of lies, so he is associated with Truth.

 II. Cult Ecology

 Ikadz is the discoverer of lies, the assassin of falsehood, the  clear-minded warrior who parts the curtains of deception and reveals  truth. He serves as a gatekeeper to the land of death, and severs from the newly dead all their useless and vain attachments to the living world they have left behind.

 In order to achieve the cult's purpose, Ikadz teaches his followers  the secrets of the Seven Excruciations, as described in the myth of  Admaz and Ikadz. They are: (1) whipping, beating, and flogging of the skin of the body; (2) beating of the feet and hands, and the  exploitation of the nail bed; (3) flaying of the skin; (4) castration, circumcision and sub-incision; (5) exsanguination and the draining of vital fluids; (6) causing pain by wounding or bruising internal organs; and (7) the breaking of bones and use of the rack.

III. The Cult in the World

 In Carmania, Ikadz is a minor cult usually associated with Irripi  Ontor. Ikadz is the cult of interrogators and torturers, who inflict  pain in order to extract truth, who bring agony in order to shrive  sinners of their sins, who kill slowly and horribly in order to steel their victims for the trials of the afterlife. Followers of Ikadz are not popular, but they are feared for the horrors they can inflict.

 IV. Initiate Membership

 Ikadz accepts all races, including those of chaos, into the cult.  Skills tested are Knife or Whip, Intimidate, Speak (any) Language,  Speak (any other) Language, and Search. Initiates are discouraged from joining any large military unit, and must swear not to use any blade longer than their forearm. Thus, they may use knives and shortswords, but no broadswords or other swords of war.

 Cult Skills: Knife, Whip, Craft of Torture, First Aid, Speak (any  known) Language, Search, Human Lore, Interrogate.

 Spirit Magic: Bladesharp, Bludgeon, Disrupt, Demoralize, Fireblade,  Light, Darkness, Protection.

 Special Ikadz Skills

 Craft: Torture (Knowledge 10%)
 Torturers are skilled and professional craftspersons whose media  are human minds and bodies. The techniques they use to cause pain  without causing death are multiple, but all are contained under  this RuneQuest Knowledge skill. It includes the fine points of  tickling, beating, flogging, flaying, bruising, bone-breaking,  mutilation, psychological techniques such as the water torture,  and knowledge of how long the human body can endure privations  such as starvation or thirst before becoming incapable of  communication.

 Interrogate (Communication 10%)
 The ability to question a prisoner. Fast Talk appeals to the  intellect of the target, Orate appeals to the emotions, and  Interrogate appeals to the emotions and primarily to fear.  Successful use of this skill causes the victim to reveal  something they know about the question that has been posed.  Unsuccessful use reveals nothing. If they know nothing, then  successful use also reveals nothing. A fumbled attempt at  interrogation will cause the victim to reveal something which is  not true in a way that seems true. Critical success will reveal  the precise extent of the victim's knowledge or ignorance. This  is a skill for which success or failure should be determined in  secret by the GM, rather than letting players see their own rolls.

 V. Pain Master

 Candidates must have reached 90% in Knife, Craft: Torture,  Interrogate, and one other Cult Skill, and have a POW of 18. They must undergo an agonizing test of holiness at the hands of their elders (abstracted as rolling 1d100 under their POWx3). If they fail the test of holiness then not only must they wait a year to try again, but they are also incapacitated by pain until they recover (Roll 1d100 against CONx1 at the end of the first week, CONx2 at the end of the second, and so on, until they recover). Common Divine Magic: all, Summon Pain Spirit, Command Pain Spirit

Special Divine Magic: Pain Blow; Sever Spirit (one use)

VI. Ikadz Special Magic

 Pain Blow
 2 points
 ranged, temporal, non-stackable, reusable  This spell must be cast on a weapon. It causes any hit that penetrates
 armor to incapacitate the location struck in addition to normal  damage. The victim can recover from this incapacitation by rolling  under his CON x2 on 1d100, and he can try to do so each round. If a  target has been injured in more than one location by a Pain Blow, he  need only roll his CON x2 a single time to be freed of all  incapacitating effects.

 VII. Subcults

 Spirit of Reprisal

 Mhakk the Knife
 Pain spirit with POW 28

 VIII. Associate Cults
 Irripi Ontor gives Ikadz the spell of Truespeak (see Lhankor Mhy)

Resolviendo algunas preguntas

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd4/1997.02/1655.html

Cuando tenga tiempo miraré si conservo todavía el culto impreso y si cambia mucho.

Saludos,

Antonio

Este archivo fue generado por hypermail