RE: [G] Completando en panteón lunar...

Write haof XML files: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Fecha: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:17:38 +0000

>¿Alguien sabe quien era un tal Aronius Jaranthir?
> (por lo que yo se, un colaboracionista lunar en Carmania) ;)))

Su culto aparece en ILH-1. Me sorprendió encontrármelo como un dios completo, me esperaba un culto de héroe (por eso de que no tenía tanta importancia en los libros de RQ). Sus afinidades son Héroe, Caballero y Señor e incluyen cosas que ayudan a estas actividades; el secreto del culto es el Ritual de Renacimiento, que te permite renacer en uno de tus descendientes directos (reteniendo habilidades peo no característias físicas). Vendría a ser el epítome de las virtudes carmanianas pero con el seso totalmente comido por los lunares (y sometido al ciclo). No tiene demasiados adoradores, ya que casi todos son descendientes, así que no sé si te merecerá la pena incorporarlo en el panteón (aunque es un dios lunar su culto sólo se extiende por Carmania). En todo caso, y por añadir información, en la lista de HQ-RPG pusieron la historia oficial de manera más larga que en el libro (donde tuvieron que recortar):

History:
Aronius Joranthir was a Carmanoi from Bindle who commanded a detachment of heavy cavalry sent to battle the rebels in Twice Blessed in 2/29 (1330 ST).
His command was ambushed and Aronius himself barely survived the encounter.
In 2/34 Aronius led his house's Hazar-knights against the marauding Char-Un nomads. In several close battles he rallied the Carmanian knighthood with his sterling example and drove the rampaging horde back into their bleak lands. After the war Aronius organised the resettlement of the devastated Western Reaches and converted his followers to the Lunar Way. His family was not part of the powerful and ruling house so they never ruled the region; but their popularity with the Hazars made them a potent political faction in the Reaches.

Aronius was reborn in 4/50 in the time of the Empire's greatest need. The nomads of Pent ravaged the land and eastern demons had been loosed on the people. He undertook a great hero-journey into the mists of Sheng Seleris' past to find a weakness that would topple the warlord. Aronius retrieved that weapon from the eastern dragon-lands and delivered it to his Shah at Kitor in 4/52. He played a game of ravenkaaz with his friend the Son of the Moon while they waited for the barbarians to arrive. The Shah allowed Aronius to win the game and rewarded his victory handsomely.

In the battle that followed, Aronius' discovery allowed the Shah to defeat Sheng and cast him into a Lunar hell. Aronius hewed down several of Sheng's warband and led the pursuit across the Empire that destroyed the Pentan terror and finally brought peace back to the Heartlands.

Seeing that his duty had been done, Aronius apotheosised and the Shah did him the honour of appointing Aronius to the council of Egi on the Moon.

Worshippers: Aronius is worshiped by his descendants and is venerated as the epitome of Lunar Carmanian chivalry. There are about 4,000 initiates and devotees; most of whom are family. His family takes great pains to remain true to his ideal as he could do as he did at his second birth where he inhabited the body of a descendant. Many of these Hazars belong to the Lances of Joranthir, an elite of Lunar chivalry.

Other Connections: Aronius Joranthir is an Egi and personal friend of the Shah of Carmania (aka the Red Emperor). This gives his family and cult tremendous political power that they use to keep the more powerful houses off balance.

Disadvantages: The ruling houses in Carmania hold a special dislike for Aronius' family and the Lances of Joranthir due to their popularity with the Hazars and his close relationship to the Shah. This is exacerbated by the Shah using their political clout to counterbalance the strengths of the other great houses. Aronius is also hated by the Pelandan peasantry for keeping their kin in serfdom.

Saludos,

Antonio

Este archivo fue generado por hypermail