Re: ability use; worship

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:28:35 -0000

From: David Dunham [mailto:david_at_...]

I think you basically highlighted the problem with your post.

First of all:

>>In you go into an Extended Contest
>>with your Dazzle with the Beauty of Flowers ability and he goes in with
>>his Kill by Agonizing Means ability you are not equally armed.

>Not equally armed, but if your abilities are the same, you have as
>much chance dazzling him as he has of killing you.

Followed by:

>BTW, I agree with Martin that Witty Repartee would suffer a massive
>penalty against a berserk troll, so as to be impossible to use.

Which to my mind is a contradiction, because on the one hand you're saying the two should be equally matched, whereas on the other you're saying you would change the balance by using improvisation penalties.

Unless you're just saying that you only penalise Witty Repartee because the troll is beserk - i.e. if the troll was cool, calm, collected, though still keen to dispatch you with his axe, you would make it an even contest (no penalties to either side).

Richard