Re: ability use; worship

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:17:06 +0000

In message <v04210100b4f2124d2f4d_at_[199.222.110.143]>, David Dunham <david_at_...> writes
>Not so. You would presumably use a combat (or at least physical or
>magical) ability to avoid the troll's attack, but you would have a
>single AP total. As would the troll, when he resisted your Diplomacy
>ability with his Obey Mother's Order ability.

Yes but...

All these effects are jumbled in together. If they were instantaneous (i.e. used the Simple Resolution Table, one attempt, one roll) and no APs then this would work. But either the wimp is using the APs from his inappropriate (but better) non-combat skill or he is using his good skill with his lower (combat) APs. Or am I missing something again?

I don't like the Action Points mechanic. Perhaps I should put that into my sig.

--
Michael Cule