Fencing

From: Tom Zunder <tomz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:18:18 +0100

Ok, fencing is formalistic and defined, it comes in styles. It's like writing sonnets or haiku.
Everything else about Flashing Blades is a skill out of 20, roll under on a d20. So swinging from chandeliers, leaping from your horse, seducing Milady, all easy peasy. But why abstract to distraction a fighting style that is formalised and the pleasure comes from following the style? How can a player who knows nothing of fencing get the feel of it if it is all boiled down to an AP exchange in an abstract enhanced contest?
I'm not disagreeing with lite, I just don't think Hero Wars offers anything at all to a Musketeers/Piracy game when you have a perfectly good set of rules standing by.
---
T H Zunder
tom_at_...
ICQ:1521799