Re: pray/worship/initiate of...

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:20:08 -0000

I don't have ST handy, so I may be missing a nuance here, but I recall an earlier discussion relevant to Stefan's question:

> why does the cult of humakt [ST 97] feature in the devotee
> section "initite to humakt" AND "pray to humakt"?

Check the wording, but it could well be that "initiate to" is a completely different ability from "initiate of".

Making new initiates uses "initiate to" -- cf. the Heortling godtalker  keyword. Gawd only knows how the Lunars (famous missionary empire) ever make converts, as their Missionary and Priest keywords don't assign this vital ability... maybe that's something to change in the Imperial Handbook, Hero's Book and 2nd edition rules?

Being an initiate uses "initiate of" (and, as you rightly say, is usually ignored in cult writeups).

I'd have thought a devotee of Humakt would get "Devoted to" rather than "Initiate of", but (as I said) I'm not checking this with the rules book or Storm Tribe as I write.

> why does the devotee get "initiate of"?

Check: "of" or "to"?

> And what good for is "pray to humakt"?

Dunno.