Re: Re: Need a little help with heroquests

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:35:45 +0100 (BST)

Charles wrote:

>> Greg says otherwise: the difficulty of a particular heroquest >> (story) is fixed...

> I am sure this is true of some stories/myths in Glorantha. However,
> it is clear that the Heortlings do the LBQ (Lightbringers Quest) at
> at least three different levels

Well said, that man!

I dislike the current situation with static challenges where, as characters progress, some heroquests will become trivially simple while others remain obnoxiously impossible. I would prefer them to be scaled, proportionate to characters' intents, desires and powers.

As well as the three Charles mentions, there is (per "Storm Tribe") a form of LBQ which is completed by every wannabe Wind Lord of Orlanth: presumably this is not the same as the epoch-shaking quests completed only by the likes of Harmast, Argrath, etc., but it certainly sounds heftier than the annual Sacred Time ritual of the Greydog Clan.

I think Greg must be misremembering what's in print. "King of Sartar" and "Storm Tribe" are published Issaries sources. Let's not ignore them unnecessarily.

Cheers, Nick