Re: Re: Need a little help with heroquests

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:44:34 +0100 (BST)

Charles plaintively writes:

> Greg has on, several occasions said (something like) that he is
> afraid that if he says "here is one way it could be done" then a
> significant vociferous minority will for evermore say "Greg says this
> is the only way to do it". However, in the meantime many of us are
> left floundering for ideas.

Moreover, a significant vociferous minority are *still* saying, "Greg says this is the only way to do it" :-(

I agree with Charles that the exercise of producing a HW heroquest writeup for a "real" myth -- not one invented for the sake of an adventure, but one we knew about already; why not one of the KoDP stories, say? -- would concentrate the mind wonderfully.

And if for some reason Greg thinks that this cannot or should not be done, doesn't that suggest something is seriously WRONG with the current rules for heroquesting?

G'wan, Greg: give us Orlanth vs. Aroka! :-)

Cheers, Nick