RE: Re: Need a little help with heroquests

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:55:19 -0500

Oliver Bernuetz says:

>Hmmm, different paths through many quests? I'd agree up to that point. Do
>most quests need different paths? Wouldn't the vast majority have just one
>accepted path? Obviously multi-level HQs like the LBQ need multiple paths
>but does the Initiation HQ? Or does any quest you do for different reasons
>have a different path? Flexibility is good, complexity isn't. Are these
>multi-level HQs the norm or the exception?

        Sure the initiation heroquest should have multiple paths. You do't think our clan does it the same way as those ignorant bastards over the hill, do you? Sure we both reach Orlanth (or, at least we do), but look at the weedy men they put out -- surely they take the easy path at the Great pine, and they can't enter the Singing Woods, because only our people know the words the Old Woman waits for....

Peter Larsen