Re: Re: Silly terminology question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:08:06 -0700

> Umm, Is that true of Ernalda? I'v just been looking at this, and I
> cant find antyhing that specifically says one way or another (although
> I'd certainly like it to be true...)
>
> An Ernaldan progresses through the aspects as her life progresses,
> from Healer aspect to Allmother aspect to Queen Aspect, and from there
> to Asrelia and Ty Kora Tek, but I couldn't see anything that suggested
> that combinations like "Bevara Allmother" or "Kev the Healer" were
> "legitimate"
>
> Have I just missed the relevant page, or is Roderick extrapolating?

Storm Tribe 17,19. "Most" women progress...- not even "All". Wierdo combinations are less likely in Ernalda than Orlanth, but certainly still possible. Note that "Queen" and Esrola" are side paths, the natural progression is Voria (pre-menstrual) -> Healer (pre childbearing) -> Mother -> Asrelia/TKT (post-childbearing).

Probably a substantial fraction of dedicated healer women stick with their healer subcult even as their aspect changes due to life changes. Otherwise, a good healer would have to remain childless for all her life, a terrible sacrifice for a Heortling woman.

RR