RE: Re: HeroQuestion

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:43:05 +0100

On Sunday, September 23, 2001 5:41 PM, Tim Ellis [SMTP:tim_at_...] wrote:

> I think the "sort of" problem with this sort of quest is, yes the Bad
> Dogs might turn out to be something else, and maybe the river will be
> replaced by some other obstacle, but at it's core, what I need to do
> is find the foal and spot that it is Eurmal in disguise. Now if I as
> a player know that, then I'm always going to "know" the answer, and if
> my character also "knows the answer" then it is harder to accept that
> I'm "forced" to be fooled by a bad roll. (OK so that's why you keep
> plenty of HP spare, but none the less...

But it's Eurmal! That's what his magic *is*. He's such a good liar that he can convince you of anything for a brief period of time, even if you *know* it to be false. He can certainly manage it for long enough to make you mess up the heroquest...

Redalda: "Are you sure you're not Eurmal? Your hide feels awfully like an old blanket to me..."
Eurmal: "Of course I'm not Eurmal! You don't think even he would be stupid enough to try this old trick that EVERYONE knows, do you?" Redalda: "Well, okay, but I'll be watching you..."

If the local clan trickster is "standing in" for Eurmal on the quest, I'm sure there's be some retribution coming once the lie is seen through.

Regards,

Bruce