Re: Digest Number 722

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:21:33 +0100

> From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
>Wealth is not the only benefit you can cement. I think the non-Wealth
>cementing rules, as they stand, are broken, for the simple reason
>that 1 HP can cement anything ('Hey, Stormbringer, cool!', deducts 1

I think this is a feature not a bug. It can only be broken if narrators are somehow forced to laden their episodes with high powered items (which, I submit, they can't be).

A narrator can "correct" any published episode by crossing out the numbers. This leaves "Stormbringer" as a cool name (cemented for value 12).

My personal preference is to balance powerful items by making them "charged" or take associated "bad stuff" (from the Amber diceless game).

It is a mechanism that you can take-or-leave as you wish.

Thom