Re: Hero Quest Challenge rules variants

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:44:08 -0000

I would like to note that the _FIRST_ time you do such an exchange, you'd get your full value of whatever you're wagering for. IF you don't have it already that is. I think that wagering close combat for more close combat is horribly prosaic - boring, even!

I just can't see Orlanth doing that in the Hill of Gold. Spear for Sword is more along the lines of special powers - for in HW that's what questing seems to be about. The contests don't quite map over from RQ heroquests directly - I'm not sure how I'd work the ZZ vs Yelmalio Hill of Gold quest.

Hopefully, this will be fleshed out more explicitly in 2nd ED or in the HQ book.

Jeff