Re: Re: Extended contests

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 17:32:07 +0000

>Speaking of forgetting, this is probably obvious to everyone else,
>but I've recently taken to putting a checkmark next to any ability I
>use, so I can remember which ones I can cheaply increase at the end
>of an episode.

Some of my players do this - including at least one who has never played Runequest or related games.

There is a bit less point in Hero Wars, at least in my games, as the rule doesn't say 'abilities used' but 'relevant to story'. I'd allow anyone who has been brave (whether rolled or not) to increase it for related costs, fer instance. Keeping track of skills used is probably a good starting point though.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson