Re: Truestone

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:11:48 -0000

> So unless you are going for a specific effect, such as
teleportation or
> flying (which are easily defined as one word) it would be not much
use to
> swap between Thiest Magic users.

I don't know about that, Deadly Spear Throw is pretty specific too, so is Strength of the Bear. It's things like good ol' Sunset Leap that would have to be given a specific interpretation at the initial 'feeding' of the stone. Any feat could be used, so long as it's clear what the 'caster' was intending when he 'cast' it (what's the right word for a feat? It isn't 'cast' I know that...).

>Improvisation being the key to using
> Thiest Magic.
> It would be good for Sorcerors and Animists to swap magic though.
> I still think that Turestone should have more power, some other
significant
> importance with greater effect. [But I haven't thought of one
myself nor
> have any idea what it should be].

I like the idea of there being no detrimental effects of different magic systems, also the no Alien World modifiers.

Wulf