RE: Re: Truestone

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:20:28 -0000

Tim wrote:

> Alternatively "Blank" Truestone might be like those "fill in the
> abilities as you go along" characters. It's not truly "Blank" it's
> just that neither the Players, the Characters or the GM know whats in
> the stone until it becomes important to the plot....

This is the most insightful thing I've read in this thread, and a very good example of how to "convert" RQ Truestone for Hero Wars: think of it as a plot device, not a "magic item".

Ian's earlier suggestion about Storm Bullies using Truestone for its supposed anti-chaos powers caused me to wonder whether some might have a way of using highly effective Truestone slingstones, a la Uz "Stones-to-kill-Chaos". Maybe *that's* why the followers of Barzaan Storm Khan want to keep their hands on every fragment? (Or are slings a bit sophisticated for the Bullies? :-)

Cheers, Nick