Truestone rules, was Re: Truestone

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:51:16 -0000

James Hawkins wrote:

> Aha. I see two truestone rules:

> 1. Plot device truestone

It does what the narrator says.

> 2. Cemented truestone

 It does what you spend HP on it doing.

I think its more than that. For Heortling characters using truestone if a piece of 'filled' truestone contains 'knowledge' then you could spend new HP, at the narrators discretion, or the narrator could add for plot purposes, new pieces of information. That 'knowledge' might be a feat (I think the ability rating is yours either base or from related affinity - you have knowledge of how to reenact the goddtime event, but the skill in doing so is yours, YMMV. Other 'lore' knowledge might be at the level 'known' by the filler. You could potentially use it as a teacher to gain a new skill (perhaps allowing a favourable 'related to session' rate, known by the filler. Potentially, more information can be 'discovered' in it as the game progresses.

However for an Praxian Animist it might be usable for Trap Chaos XWX (depending on size) and probably some other things too, I still like an easier transition into the spirit world. Of course if the Heortling travels to Prax he may find someone to teach him how to use its anti-chaos powers and vice-versa.

Ian Cooper