Truestone rules, was Re: Truestone

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:41:55 -0000

> I think its more than that. For Heortling characters using
truestone
> if a piece of 'filled' truestone contains 'knowledge' then you
could
> spend new HP, at the narrators discretion, or the narrator could
add
> for plot purposes, new pieces of information.

Yes, HW wins here in that the rules (meaning game mechanics) for magic are exactly the same as the rules for mundane knowledge.

> That 'knowledge' might
> be a feat (I think the ability rating is yours either base or from
> related affinity - you have knowledge of how to reenact the
goddtime
> event, but the skill in doing so is yours, YMMV. Other 'lore'
> knowledge might be at the level 'known' by the filler.

Well, I'd say, given what I said above, that a single consistant mechanism should be used. Admittedly, if you learn a new Feat within a known Affinity, it should be at the level of the Affinity, but otherwise I'd say use the stored Rating.

Wulf