Re: Truestone and cosmic mountain/world tree

From: simon_hibbs <simonh_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:29:18 -0000

> >Neither do any other Pelorian
> >cultures. I can't speak for the Western cultures but I haven't
seen
> >anything suggesting that they have the Spike in their myths either.
>
> They do have the Spike in their myths. It's apparently part of
> a great wall that Zzabur creates in the east to hold back the
> Churkenos sea (Revealed Mythologies p7) but elsewhere it's
> said to be created by the gods in imitation of Malkion's citadel
> (RM p4). It's destroyed by a spell by Zzabur (RM p10). Likewise
> the Doraddi also know the Spike as the evil mountain of Bandaku
> while the Vithelans call it Imadsalash.

Greg's maps of the west in mythic times are drawn as triangles. Now he draws them as right-angle triangles, forming the western quadrant of the world, because that way they fit on a flat surface. Of course equilateral triangles fit together to form a pyramid, and are also law runes. A perfect 'world mountain' would thus be a pyramid, it's sides perfectly alligned north, south, east and west, with the spike forming it's apex. Perhaps Zzabur's wall equates to the ridges where the triangles intersect?

The Pharaoh probably knew all this, and may have been trying to recreate a mythologicaly perfect realm, presumably with a magical pyramid at the centre of it all in the City of Wonders.

I wonder who, else builds pyramids? What happens if you make, or cap them with truestone? What you end up with is a three dimensional map of the world before the fall. They'd make great places to bury dead people too, puting the burial chambers under the pyramid, symbolicaly in the perfect underworld of pre-creation.

Alternatively if you want to sacrifice to the gods, what better place than the summit of a pyramid. After all didn't the gods live on the top of the spike? The world mountain exploded ultimately dooming the universe, but if you build a replacement, and power it up with regular blood sacrifices, perhaps you can hold the world together a little bit longer?

Well, it's a plan.

Simon Hibbs