Re: Sudden Death extended contests

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:23:42 -0000

> not as math-inclined. Instead of an optional penalty at 7 AP loss
and an
> automatic one at 15 AP loss, I propose an automatic penalty at 10
AP loss
> and no optional one (no one uses it). The 10 AP threshold is just
easier
> to remember.

I'm against this, because it makes a 10 (or multiple of 10) AP bet the optimum bet in pretty much all circumstances. All of a sudden, players will have to realy think hard for a reason not to bet a multiple of 10 AP.

One of the reasons I wanted to scrap APs and just bet temporary penalties was to reduce, or eliminate rules mechanical optimum bet strategies.

Simon Hibbs