Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:15:13 -0800

Ian

> David Dunham wrote:
>> Me neither. If I'd written this, both initiates and devotees would
> roll for the listed feats at their target number. Only devotees
> would be able to improvise new feats.
>
> Neil Smith wrote:
>>You're not the first to have thought that: look at the last of my
> house rules at http://home.freeuk.net/roleplaying/hw-house-
> rules.html . I'd like to see this change make its way into HW2.
>
> For reasons that I think Mark Galeotti expressed best (the visions
> of every Heortling running up cliffs, and leaping into the sunset).

Well, if I'd written this, the difficulty numbers wouldn't be what they are now -- running up a cliff would depend on the height of the cliff or the distance of the leap, not the name of the feat.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>