Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:20:33 -0000

Perhaps in your Glorantha, but not in the one described in the Hero Wars rulebook. In that glorantha, weaponthanes cover the range from 15 up to a top end of 10w. In other words, to get hand picked for the job because you're particularly good in a fight, an ability of 15 is sufficient. In any case, I doubt weaponthanes think of themselves as 'ordinary people', esprit de corps and all that.

> A King's Champion will be about 10W2.

Any definition of 'ordinary people' that includes king's champions is overloading the term a bit, don't you think? In any case, according to the guidelines in the rules that's a top of the range, deluxe model king's champion.

> A 'competent' adult has a mastery (1W or better) in all their core
> abilities.

I'm not quite sure where you get this from. It's possible I've missed something, but looking at the ability ratings for craftsmen, journeyman quality starts at 1w and goes up. Journeymen are highly skilled individuals, not just ordinary labourers. Serviceable, or ordinary quality items, presumably produced by ordinary craftsmen, only require a sub-1w ability to produce.

Simon Hibbs