Re: Re: Follower abilities

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:19:35 +0000

> >Then we hit the snag described: If a player spends all his points
> >on one skill he raises all the abilities encapsualted in his
> >followers for free. If I have Speak With Authority 5W2, my bodyguard
> >gives me all the abilites of Warrior 17W and Initiate of Orlanth
> >13W. It costs 1HP for me to raise all of these abilities. As play
> >progressed and HP were spent, followers were soon percieved to be
> >unbalancing.
> >

>Some suggestions.

To add to Tim's excellent suggestions :

Make followers cost. A house rule that each follower lowered a characters effective wealth rating by 3/5/whatever should keep the numbers down.

Remember those improv. modifiers. A character with 'Warrior 17W' has to improvise to use it - that's -3 for fights, -more for boasting contests.

Followers will not normally go on heroquests. Making characters roll their relationship to follower against the size of the barrier to be passed through seems reasonable, and is one I use frequently. (The followers will still normally provide support though.)

Followers die easily. If all the APs provided by a follower for a contest are lost (even if the contest is not!) the follower is GONE.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson