Re: Re: Mastery Jumps

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:04:49 +0100

Hallo simon_hibbs2,

Dienstag, 15:08:09, schrieb simon_hibbs2:

simon_hibbs2> I agree, Jim Chapin's suggestion of a book of heroquests is on
simon_hibbs2> the mark. My intuition is that apart from specific heroquests
simon_hibbs2> for particular items, powers, etc there are also more 'routine'
simon_hibbs2> heroquests, for example the ritual/quest for becoming a king,
simon_hibbs2> to be able to lead cult rituals in Holy Season, to be able to
simon_hibbs2> raise your abilities above w3(pet theory).

simon_hibbs2> At the moment HW just says there are quests and you ought to be
simon_hibbs2> doing them, but I think it's highly desirable to make heroquests simon_hibbs2> unavoidable on a character's route to power.

IMHO, the main problem is that more "advanced" and important quests should be written as tricky, demanding and mysterious as their narrative counterparts, for it would be pretty dull to take the myth and insert some resistances here and there.
I guess this could only be done properly, if more gets known about the [world-] mechanics of the [hero-] planes [wasn't there a WIP announced for last fall some time ago?].
but I'm pretty sure that the more "mundane" basic quests should be no serious problem to write, although time-consuming...

somewhere in the muddy spots of my memory there's some kind of build-your-own-adventure-kit-with-flowcharts [D&D] that did an ok-job for instant-encounters/adventures. maybe this kind of DIY-stuff could work for basic quests....have to look it up!

--
Countdown Cerebus---still 24 to go...,

 Stefan
 Dienstag, 15:53:11

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...
.||| visit: www.clubintakt.de
.||| 06:04:2002 -- Elin wird 2! & club in:Kamp - party