Re: Followers abilities

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:56:34 -0500

Wulf asks:

> First a question: You allow the Follower to be the main Actor, but make his actions unrelated, therefore he loses 3AP every round, is
> that right?

Nah. The follower, who is the main actor of this contest, is treated as if he were the leader. The character who is normally the leader is treated as if he were a follower. Otherwise, the rules work normally.

Thus, the librarian's bodyguard is the source of the starting AP total, and doesn't pay 3AP to take unrelated actions. The librarian contributes his most relevant ability rating as APs and has to pay a 3AP penalty to take unrelated actions (like a magical augment).

> Second, an observation. Putting together two recent threads, IF a
> hero must affect followers separately from himself, this can be an
> effective limitation on follower's power:
>
> "I run up the cliff and attack the Lunars standing at the top!"
> "Fine, off you go, but your followers can't run up cliffs, so you're
> on your own..."

I like this allot. It encourages the players to improvise. It can also work both ways. The players can scheme about how to separate the enemy leader from his followers.

~KP