Re: Re: 14 is a magic number [moved from HERO WARS]

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 20:42:10 +0000

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 21:43:08 +0100, stefan.drawert_at_... wrote:

>theunspokenword> Resisting magic for beings defaults to 14 unless you have some more
>theunspokenword> powerful and appropriate magic or ability of your own. So that
>theunspokenword> Vampire would resist the Humakti magic not with a mere 14 but its
>theunspokenword> Vicious Vivamorti Vigour 1w2 or whatever.
>
>that leaves Delecti's zombies pretty vulnerable, unless
>
>a. the narrator rules that "kill undead" is only useful to augment
>and/or
>b. Delecti enchants all his creatures, thereby raising the resistance

c. This I like to call my 'bow and arrow' magic ( 'missile and warhead' is a better, if unsuitable, description). The specific magic, be it Shieldbreaker, Kill Undead, or whatever, works against a 14, but ONLY once it is carried to it's target. You can KILL the undead, but can you HIT it?

Shieldbreaker: succeed in Close Combat then (as part of the same action, but INSTEAD OF any AP loss) use Shieldbreaker.

Kill Undead: same rules

Mile javelin Throw uses the reverse procedure - the magic gets your javelin a mile away, then you use Ranged Combat to actually HIT. Now, can someone tell me exactly how a Vingan can tell when an opponent is EXACTLY a mile away? Or how she GETS to the Treetops to run on them?

Wulf