Re[2]: Re: 14 is a magic number

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 22:05:50 +0100

Hallo Wulf,

Mittwoch, 21:42:10, schrieb Wulf:

Wulf> c. This I like to call my 'bow and arrow' magic ( 'missile and
Wulf> warhead' is a better, if unsuitable, description). The specific magic,
Wulf> be it Shieldbreaker, Kill Undead, or whatever, works against a 14, but
Wulf> ONLY once it is carried to it's target. You can KILL the undead, but
Wulf> can you HIT it?

Wulf> Shieldbreaker: succeed in Close Combat then (as part of the same Wulf> action, but INSTEAD OF any AP loss) use Shieldbreaker.

Wulf> Kill Undead: same rules

hmmm, I think that would work, [more or less] it's even the way I use to handle that kind of action.
but still I'm curios if we face the usual "here you've got some basic rules - use & tweak them as required" or if there's an "official" procedure hidden [in the sentences of Hero Wars]
while I generally like&use the D-I-Y resolutions like your "c." above, it makes for radically different games, so guidelines are welcome.

Wulf> can someone tell me exactly how a Vingan can tell when an opponent is Wulf> EXACTLY a mile away? Or how she GETS to the Treetops to run on them?

her hair turns red....

bad joke. no cookie ;)

--
 take care,

 Stefan
 Mittwoch, 21:59:18

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...
.||| visit: www.clubintakt.de
.||| 06:04:2002 -- Elin wird 2! & club in:Kamp - party