Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:41:58 +0100

Peter writes:

> I don't think one can combine Decapitating Blow and Cut Deep
> nor Great Blow and Cut Deep at the same time since these feats
> duplicate each other in most circumstances.

That's not my preferred solution. My own house rule would be to allow only one augmentation per affinity. After all, there's no theoretical limit to the number of *compatible* feats a Devotee can improvise from any one of his affinities.

The kind of massive investment in what I see as rules abuse that Wesley describes runs counter to the logarithmic nature of the game engine and the rules-lite, dice-lite, narrative-friendly game design.

Just my $0.02, naturally.

Cheers, Nick