Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:49:07 +1200

Nick wrote:

>Peter writes:

> > That's true, but I think people would run out of ideas after
> > the second or third compatible feat.

>Both you and Roderick appear willing to leave the problem in place
>while providing oodles of handwringing to explain that it isn't
>*really* a problem,

Must be the first time I've seen two scant lines described as "oodles of handwringing".

>and that in your games it'd be *hugely* unlikely that anyone would
>ever augment twice off the same affinity,

I never said they would. I just said that I thought lack of imagination would prevent them getting more than two or three compatible and non-duplicating feats from the same affinity.

>But which approach is easier to explain to new players of the system?

The issue wasn't for new players IIRC but players coping with 1w3 types augmenting to hell and back.

--Peter Metcalfe