Re: Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:54:12 +0100

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:23:28 -0000, "moonbroth" <Nick_at_...> wrote:

>Allowing unrestricted augments from a single high-rated affinity
>breaks this paradigm. It allows any moderately powerful character
>(with a sufficiently motivated player) to *believe* that he should be
>able to escalate his abilities exponentially (or indeed "obscenely,"
>to use one experienced Hero Wars player's term for this).

Another take on this is that it becomes immensely difficult to design balanced opposition in a scenario when the players can change their relevant ability ratings by a mastery or more, given only the benefit of time.

This has not happened to me yet, but I was worried how easily I could improve my OWN character by a full mastery with Augments.

Wulf