Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: moonbroth <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:24:52 -0000

Wulf writes:

> Another take on this is that it becomes immensely difficult to
> design balanced opposition in a scenario when the players can
> change their relevant ability ratings by a mastery or more,
> given only the benefit of time.

Yeah. I look forward to seeing how Issaries handle this when they publish (non-fanwise), in scenario/'episode' form:

  1. a known historic event of the Hero Wars;
  2. the HeroQuest related to a known myth.

That should help reassure us as to the flexibility and scalability of the system (just as Barbarian Adventures did by introducing automatic augments to replace Narrators frotting around with buckets of dice).

Cheers, Nick