Re: Re: HP bumps.

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 10:14:44 +0100

Alex Ferguson wrote:
> I'm a little disconcerted by... the apparent implication that
> HPs are a "game world thing"

> Do all "skilled HQers" have 16HP, rather than having HQ-related
> abilities per se?

> What's the concensus on this? Are HPs a purely Narrative thing? An
> entirely game-world thing? Or some squishy combination of the two?

I think that HPs are not at all a 'game world' thing. Making them so would open a whole can of worms (how many hours training to increase from 20W3 to 1W4?), so I'm strongly against doing so.

I'm using the stock of HPs to fudge the situation, as is right and proper! My Vingan's ability ratings aren't really up to heroquesting at the drop of a hat (13W being her best ability), but-it-is-narratively-important-to-me that she be able to do so. As for HQ related abilities, she does have Other-side Knowledge 3W.