Re: Heroquest question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 16:19:17 -0700

> >Heroquest will be a total package, replacing both the HW and Narrators
> >books.
>
> Ah, yes, but WHEN?

You want it good, or fast?

It's going through the first of a series of revisions and playtesting. The copy that was sold at auction at Tentacles is very much not the final version.

I don't want to say too much about the product timeline, because 1] it's not *my* place to say, but Greg's, 2] Who knows what will happen between final revision and getting the books in from the printers? (look at the 6-week delay in getting _Orlanth is Dead_ laid out, and that was very much not Greg's fault, but the layout professional that had done well in the past) and 3] Future Hazy, Try Again Later.

Greg has become quite understandably shy about announcing release dates, only to have them slip (heck, HeroQuest was advertised in what, 1978?. It's been slipping for 20-odd years...). Greg said at Tentacles "This summer, or at least by the end of the year", and I think that the second is certainly attainable, Summer may be cutting it close. Even after all revisions are done and the text and illos are set, there is a delay of 4-8 weeks for layout, Bluesheet printing, final examination, printing, and shipping before it reaches your hands (more, if someone flakes...).

RR