Improv penalties

From: atomikdog2001 <atomikdog2001_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 20:55:37 -0000

Roderick points to the FAQ which addresses almost exactly my previous question, but creates another. I could be remembering this incorrectly as I do not have any of my books with me. The FAQ mentions a minimal improv penalty of -5 and that -10 is ordinary as a penalty in its answer to combat abilities. Now I seem to remember the HW rules saying a -3 penalty was the norm. And, not to furhter muddy the water but I had heard the Hero's Book rough draft listed the usual improv penalty as -5. So which is it? I know what my personal prefferance is but a more "rules" based oppinion would be appreaciated.