Re: Frequent Player Miles Club.

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:29:42 +0100

>Charles:
> > PPS Amazing! This is only the second time that I remember an
> > argument in this group that involves frequent players on opposite
> > sides...
>
>What's amazing is that people can say things like this with a straight
>face...

I'm pretty sure Charles means 'people who frequently play in the same group', rather than a dig at armchair quarterbacks in general.

>This is true, and it must be said that there one also seems to get a
>much higher quality of discussion of "GNS issues" than one gets here.

Possibly true, but for those of who find the whole gamist vs. narrativist vs. simulationist distinction trite and uninformative that's a good reason for avoiding the place. Personally, I'd be quite happy to see the word 'simulationist' banned from the group - it seems to be another variant on that old rule "the odds of someone being accused of simulationism tends to one".

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson