Re: Spending HP on affinities

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:15:47 -0000

Nope. Merchants do not typically get into fights and the out of story cost already covers anything that needs covering. Atypical (read: PC) merchants who go round clobbering bad guys with their staff all the time can rise in combat ability as fast as a warrior who does likewise.

>Character
> classes, anyone? What about the 'interesting' unusual abilities and
> ambiguous references that players tend to have. My Vingan has 'The
> Sedenyic Secrets' as an ability; should she have to pay extra to
> increase it?

No, nor should she grumble when it fails to have any use in 6 months of play. If it does not get used then the cost to increase it is indeed higher.

> The problem is that this is a slippery slope; if you advocate extra
HP
> costs for particular atypical abilities, where will it end?

I don't. Other than the fact that bizarre abilities get used less often.

--
Nic