Re: Last action brainwave (or not?)

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:00:45 -0000

That should be true of anything in HeroQuest.

> What if you have no HPs left?

Tough. Nobody is forcing the players to spend HP on other stuff.

> It could become an encouragement to treasure HP in order to have
> immortal heroes (low level, but loooooooong to die). Nay, it
doesn't
> work, I'm afraid.

Actualy, I think it does. Some players hoard HP anyway, while others prefer to 'live closer to the edge'. That's their choice. I've always been a bit unhappy with the Final Action rules as it seems too much of a fudge, but this is a nice idea. Note that NPCs with HP should be able to do this too.

As with any rules change, I'd put this to a vote with my players, but I think it's fair. The whole reason for HP is to let players character heroes have a chance to do things most ordinary people can't. Final Actions seem to me to be a good example of that.

Simon Hibbs