Re: Proposed Last action rule wrap-up

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:28:03 -0000

> 1. It creates AP out of nothing

True as I understand it - but it also offers the chance to selfdestruct.

> 2. It has positive feedback (higher TN gives me a better chance of
> success, and more AP when I do succeed.)

True

> 3. A character on -1 AP could have better prospects than a
character
> on 1 AP, since they can take a last action for an AP injection.

Only marginally, as a hero may use up to their starting AP anytime while they're still at positive AP anyway. It's easier than achieving a critical, and in that way makes increasing AP easier.

> 4. It has a special table

Well, it uses the AP loan table in an unusual way.

> Now, if we were talking about making a generic rule to replace the
> current special rule wherby Animists can get an AP boost by
deploying
> another spirit.....

Well, the Animist rules are being rewritten anyway... and that only gives AP if the spirit duplicates an existing ability (and therefore only gives an augment to the ability).

Wulf